Lothian Autistic Society are excited to announce that they will be running a saturday Club Project for children and young people on the autistic spectrum in Edinburgh.
What is Saturday Club?
The saturday Club service offers families with children with additional support needs daytime respite, every second saturday, all year round! The club provides children and young people with an opportunity to access community activities and venues whilst improving their social and emotional learning through play.
At the Saturday club we aim to:
- Provide a safe and secure play environment in which children and young people can flourish as individuals
- Promote inclusion through developing group and social skills, and suported integration into mainstream activities and settings
- Facilitate an environment to provide children and young people with the opportunity to develop age appropriate play skills.
- Provide parents, siblings and carers with a break from caring
- Actively work with parents and carers to complement existing care profiles, establishing a more complete assessment of needs.
Who is saturday club for?
The saturday club is open to children and young people, aged 5-18, with an ASD diagnosis or with diagnosis of a similar nature. They can accept new members with a varied range of care needs. They can offer one-of taster sessions for your child to attend before you commit to signing up for a six month block of sessions.
Where and when is satuday club?
Saturday club meets fornightly on Saturdays between 09:30 and 15:30 at Leith Academy, 20 Academy Park, Edinburgh EH6 8JQ.